SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
unstable baseline - SPRpages
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

unstable baseline

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #7 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic unstable baseline
Hey Arnoud,

the manually washing of the chip solved the issue with the baseline, thanks for the advice. Although it appeared again after the storage, maybe the buffer is salting out.

Anyways, since then i tried some measurements, but couldn´t obtain any useful results. The response have been often negative, especially for injections with the Antibody, very weak or unreproducible. Now i would like to check if the BIAcore itself is working properly with a simple test setup. Can you suggest me one?

Thanks and Greetings,
Maria

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #8 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic unstable baseline
Hi Maria,

You can read the Troubleshooting section from the main menu.
For testing the injection system, just use a solution with a little extra NaCl. For instance + 50 mM extra compared to the flow buffer. This should give a quick rise and fall of the curves. Injection over all four channels will show you de difference in response between the channels which may be of help to solve the negative curves.

Kind regards

Arnoud

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #9 by Maria
Replied by Maria on topic unstable baseline
Hi Arnoud,

thanks for your help. Yes, i´ll try that. But i thought more of a known interaction system, like a protein and peptide, which i could use. Also for getting used to the BIAcore.

Btw are you offering something like a training course?

Greetings,
Maria

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #10 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic unstable baseline
Hi Maria,

I can recommend the interaction of Carbonic Anhydrase Isozyme II with its inhibitors as a model system. For instance look at: onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1110/ps.4330102 for some help.

Other than the tutorials, SPRpages offers no hands-on training.

Kind regards
Arnoud

Moderators: Arnoud