SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
Streptavidin on to CM5 chip - SPRpages
back
These are the posts of the old forum. It was not possible to transfer the user data, so they are missing in most of the posts. For new questions, go to the general discussions.

Streptavidin on to CM5 chip

• OldForum
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1 by OldForum
Streptavidin on to CM5 chip was created by OldForum
Does anyone know if you get better results using the SA chips, or with using the CM5 chips and amine coupling the strep on to it? Is there a protocol that people have tried for this, as the one mentioned on the SA page doesn't seem to work for me www.sprpages.nl/sensor-chips-intro/biacore-sensor-chips/sa.html ? I get quite low immobilisation level (~200RU) and when i go on to immobilise/bind my biotinylated protein to the streptavidin, I get no further change in RU (the protein is confirmed to be biotinylated via MS.). Not sure if i'm doing something wrong. the way i see it, either the initial amine coupling of the strep didn't work properly, or the biotin (on a ~23 residue linker followed by the remaining protein) is blocked/buried.

Thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OldForum
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #2 by OldForum
Replied by OldForum on topic Streptavidin on to CM5 chip
Hi

Never tried it myself but had nice results with the SA-sensor chip.
You may also look in to the Biotin CAPture-sensor chip system. This is a regenerable SA-biotin sensor chip.
I had nice results with it. Look at www.biacore.com/lifesciences/products/Co...Pture_kit/index.html
It looks more expensive but you can use it several times to capture different biotinylated proteins.

Arnoud
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by OldForum.

• OldForum
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #3 by OldForum
Replied by OldForum on topic Streptavidin on to CM5 chip
In the past, i've known people to have very good results with doing fragment screening using biotinylated proteins and the SA-chip. I've never done the amine coupling of strep to a CM5 chip before, and am only doing it now simply for cost reasons (as the CM5 chip can be used for other things, the SA-chip is restricted for use only with biotinylated proteins which not many people in the lab use).
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by OldForum.