SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
Problems with immobilisation - SPRpages
back
These are the posts of the old forum. It was not possible to transfer the user data, so they are missing in most of the posts. For new questions, go to the general discussions.

Problems with immobilisation

• OldForum
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #7 by OldForum
Replied by OldForum on topic Problems with immobilisation
Hi Claude,

Looks ok. The activation is what can be expected.
The immobilization of the ligand looks a little strange. The jump at the beginning is unexpected. I wonder how concentrated is the stock solution of the ligand and what is the buffer composition?
The amount of bound ligand seems ok (~ 8000 RU?).

If the deactivation in detrimental for your ligand you can only check with a positive interaction. For instance with an antibody?
If you think that the deactivation solution is to harsh, use a diluted solution or use just TBS. I think that you do not have to worry if the deactivation is efficient enough. Seven minutes is.

At this point, try you analyte. The easiest method is to use the kinetic titrtion method. See www.sprpages.nl/component/content/articl...netic-titration.html
(It is a direct link, not in the regular sprpages )

regards

Arnoud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OldForum
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #8 by OldForum
In which buffer was the protein diluted? Could be that the immobilization pH is to low and the protein is aggregated? I also agrre that the Rim 3500 is ok if you don't have really small analytes.
eya
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by OldForum.

• OldForum
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #9 by OldForum
I used Sodium Acetate pH 5.2 for that run. I am currently using Molecular Grade H2O and getting decent results with immobilizing the protein.

Claude