SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
Curve fitting - SPRpages
back
These are the posts of the old forum. It was not possible to transfer the user data, so they are missing in most of the posts. For new questions, go to the general discussions.

Curve fitting

• OldForum
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago #1 by OldForum
Curve fitting was created by OldForum
Hello. Still fairly new in the world of SPR and trying to understand the curve fitting concept. We have a BIACORE T100 and I am starting to look closely at the sensorgram fittings. Some fit well and some don't. Can someone tell me why do the curve fitting in the first place? All I know is that the better the fit the more reliable the results are. What is it telling me if the fit is good? What is the process that the software undergo to do this fitting. Thanks!
mtarca

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OldForum
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 8 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by OldForum
Replied by OldForum on topic Curve fitting
With curve fitting you try to apply a model to your measured data. Since interaction kinetics is described by a 1:1 langmuir reaction, this is the model to use. When your data is following 1:1 kinetics the fit will match your curves. The fit will also give you some parameters which describe the curve in terms of association and dissociation rate constants. These two you can use to compare different interaction conditions or proteins.

I suggest you start with reading www.sprpages.nl/data-fitting.html . With the T100 you will use probably the non-linear regression.

Your second question will be answered on www.sprpages.nl/data-fitting/validation.html (I hope).

I can suggest to buy the SPRpages book with more information on this topic.

kind regards
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.