SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
Solvent Correction - Forum
back
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Solvent Correction 05 May 2022 17:58 #1

• NewUser123
  • NewUser123's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, I am somewhat new to the SPR world and would like to get more information regarding solvent correction.
I am currently using a published SPR buffer condition which contain 2% DMSO and 10% Glycerol.
My current solvent correction consist of the identical running buffer with a gradient concentration of DMSO (1.6; 1.8; 2.0; 2.2; 2.4; 2.6%), I am wondering if I should do the same with the glycerol, and if so, what is the common practice? Any reference for further reading would be very appreciated!

Ta,
NewUser123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Solvent Correction 05 May 2022 19:37 #2

Hi,
Both DMSO and Glycerol should be compensated when the concentration gives too high (+ or – 100 RU) bulk responses. The one reference I could find is this one: Frostell-Karlsson, A., et al. (2000). "Biosensor analysis of the interaction between immobilized human serum albumin and drug compounds for prediction of human serum albumin binding levels." J.Med.Chem. 43(10): 1986-1992.

Kind regards
Arnoud
The following user(s) said Thank You: NewUser123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: Arnoud